Monday, February 23, 2009

Just an update

So, there is one more week left in February, in order to meet my goal of losing 1 pound a week, I have to lose 1 more pound by next sunday. I'm pretty sure I can do it.
This past week I didn't lose any pounds, but I did lose a few inches over my whole body, so that's good. If nothing else, keeping track of my inches is somewhat of a motivator. It helps me to know that I am doing something right. I am strenthening my muscles and building them up. Which is why I believe I didn't lose any weight this week, I'm still building musclse, and muscle weighs more than fat.

I'm excited to say that I dropped a pant size. At Lane Bryant, they have what they call "Just Right Size" different types of pants made to fit different body types. I am a blue, which basically means I carry most of my weight in my hip area. Well, they have funny sizes in their "Just Right Size" I had been wearing a size 6 Blue in my jeans... which is about the size of a 26 in normal sizes. This weekend I took my friend with me to the mall, I wanted someone else to tell me if the smaller size actually fit.

Well..... the size 6 jeans were practially falling off of me, and I do have some size 26 dress pants that I can't wear because they are now too BIG! I tried on a size 5 jeans and dress pants... its exciting, I dropped a whole size. I still have a pair of jeans that are a size 20 from before I got married, and they are still my first goal jeans. They don't quite fit yet, but I had to get new jeans this weekend, I couldn't stand to have to keep holding my pants up so they wouldn't fall off. Just a few more inches though, and I think I might be able to get those size 20 jeans on

1 comment: